Services and Billing
Any person, firm, corporation, or other entity may become a member of the Cooperative by completing an Application for Membership and Agreement for Electric Service.
Please be aware that a $15 membership fee, a connect fee, and possibly a security deposit fee will be required for you to obtain electric service. In addition, aid-to-construction fees may be required if the Cooperative must build additional electric lines to serve you. Please call our office for details at 940-564-3526. Click here to print our Application for Membership and Agreement for Electric Service form.
Billing and Payment
.The Cooperative mails its bills at the 1st of each month. The usage billed is for the previous month. The bill is due on the 15th of the month. Delinquent notices will be sent out on those accounts not paid by the 15th. Once the delinquent notice is issued, you have ten days to pay your electric bill, or your service becomes at risk for disconnection. If Cooperative personnel must make a trip to disconnect your meter for nonpayment, additional service fees and possibly a security deposit will be charged. Desconnection is always a last resort and is not something the Cooperative desires.
The Cooperative offers various ways for you to pay your electric bill:
- In person at our office in Olney, Texas
- By mail to our mailing address
- By telephone using your VISA, MasterCard, or Discover card or checking account by calling 844-834-4453
- By electronic draft. Your electric bill is automatically deducted from your bank account or charged to your debit/credit card around the 10th of each month. Call our office for details and to sign up.
- After hours in our night deposit box located in the driveway at our office in Olney, Texas. Please do not leave cash in the night deposit box, as FBEC is not responsible for cash left in the box.
- Online via Smart Hub on our website or by clicking here.
If you have any questions concerning your bill or if you need to make billing arrangements, please call our billing department at 940-564-3526. We will make every effort to be flexible and work with you to accommodate your needs.